But if you’re new to barbecuing, you’re probably looking for an affordable gas grill that won’t cost you too much. This can be quite a challenge.
However, there’s good news! There’s plenty of good gas grills under $200 available on the market and many include the best features of the more expensive gas models.
The 10 Best Gas Grills Under $200 in 2020
Here is our list of the best gas grills under $200 available in 2020. We start with the best overall choices, then go into the best options for different needs.
Priced at around $100, the Char-Broil Classic 280 is an amazing bargain. It has all the major features of an expensive gas grill, but at the price point of a basic gas grill.
It’s built with solid stainless steel and has porcelain-coated grates and burners, giving it better rust resistance and easier clean up.
The dual burners provide a total of 20,000 BTUs of heat over 260 square inches of primary cooking space.
It has electronic ignition for easy push-button lighting, with stainless steel burners built to last for durability.
This grill includes two side tables for plenty of convenient storage and prep space, as well as molded plastic wheels for easy mobility and maneuverability around your patio deck or balcony.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive gas barbecue with all the important features of a pricier model, the Char-Broil Classic 280 is possibly the best gas grill under 200 dollars available.
- 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates
- Two stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance;Assembly Required
- Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements
Weighing in at only 17 pounds, the Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill is one of the smallest models on this list, but it packs a lot of the great features and performance of a larger model without the expensive price tag.
Its small size makes it a perfect portable grill option for situations where space is limited, such as patio decks, RV’s, boats, or a tabletop. It can easily fit into the trunk of most cars, making it a great portable gas grill option for camping, fishing, picnicking, tailgating, or wherever you want to grill on the go.
It generates 5,500 BTU’s over 160 square inches of cooking space on porcelain enameled grates gives you enough space to cook lots of food at one time. Since it doesn’t have a lot of surface area to heat up, it’s able to distribute heat evenly and quickly.
Foldable legs allow you to set it up anywhere, and a carrying handle makes it easy to carry.
The great price and features of the Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill makes it one of my best budget grill choices.
- 160-SQUARE-INCH PORCELAIN ENAMELED COOKING GRATE: 160-square-inches of porcelain enameled grates give you a spacious cooking...
- 5, 500 BTU BURNER: Features a 5, 500 BTU burner, a twist to start electric ignition and precision temperature gauge to give...
- COMPACT ENOUGH TO TAKE ANYWHERE: The grill measures 19 x 11. 5 x 10 inches and with stand. The grill weighs only 17 lbs. ,...
If you’re never tried barbecuing on a flat top grill before, you have to check it out. Flat top griddles give you the pleasure of grilling in the great outdoors, while providing a flat cooking surface to do things you can’t do with a traditional gas grill.
Imagine making pancakes, scrambled eggs, burgers, fried rice, or fajitas in the great outdoors!
The Blackstone 28 Inch Grill Griddle Station is built by Blackstone, the company famous for their flat iron grills. Their high quality products set them apart from other companies in the barbecue industry. They’ve been around for a long time and have earned their reputation as a quality manufacturer of barbecues.
The Blackstone 18 inch grill provides 470 square inches of primary cooking space with two independently controlled H-burners, each generating 15,000 BTUs for a total of 30,000 BTUs of heat.
It also includes a convenient push-button ignition and 4 adjustable heat zones for maximum versatility.
Finally, the Blackstone 28 inch has a folding side shelf, lower cart with caster wheels, and a side mounted towel rack for extra convenience.
If you plan to host large parties, do some catering, or you ’re just looking for a cool new barbecue experience, this is a perfect choice for you.
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING - With 470sq inches of flat top grilling, this griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner....
- REPLACE YOUR STANDARD GRILL - Replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple...
- TRANSPORT WITH EASE - Easily wheel around your yard or transport from your backyard to the campsite thanks to the removable...
The Master Cook 3 Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill is another fantastic bargain and one of the best mid-range gas grill options available for under 200 dollars.
It offers a roomy 472 square inches of cooking space along with a 133 square inch warming rack. This is plenty enough space to cook a meal for a large family.
Three stainless steel burners put out 30,000 BTUs of total heat across porcelain coated cooking grates built for rust resistance and easy maintenance.
It has two side shelves for a convenient prep area that folds up for easier storage when not in use. The lid and firebox are made of porcelain coated steel with an included thermometer.
What I like best about this model is the value it provides at its low price. It has everything you really need, like plenty of space, a warming rack, side tables, and electronic ignition.
With so many features in a basic gas grill for such a low price, the Master Cook 3 Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill may be the best grill under 200 dollars on the market.
- ❤ STAINLESS STEEL BURNERS: This propane gas grill has 3 Stainless Steel burners, can put out 30,000 BTU-per-hour with...
- ❤ FEATURES: The whole Stainless steel control panel with chromium plating control knob makes this propane gas grill more...
- ❤ PORCELAIN-ENAMEL WIRE COOKING GRATES: The cooking area of our propane gas grill is 471.8 include 339 square inches for...
If you’re looking for an inexpensive gas grill that works perfectly on a tabletop, the Giantex Two-Burner Tabletop Gas Grill is a great option.
It’s a pretty compact gas grill, weighing in at only 27 pounds, which makes it easy to transport and put away into storage. At only 22 x 18 x 15 inches, it fits easily in most cabinets.
It has two push-button ignition burners for a total of 20,000 BTUs and excellent heat control (between 250 F on low to 500 F +s on high). This little grill heats up quickly (like 3-4 minutes to 400-450 F) fueled by a 1 lb propane tank.
What I like best about this model is how easy it is to transport and store. If you live in an apartment or other small living space (like a boat or RV), the Giantex Two-Burner Tabletop Gas Grill is one of the best affordable grills available.
- 【Giantex Tabletop Grill】: Giantex 2-Burner stainless steel tabletop grill is built for the BBQ-grillers, Construct of 430...
- 【Easy To Operate】: Two push-and-turn ignition burners for quick and easy start-ups. It offers 20,000 total BTUs and...
- 【Foldable Design】: Foldable legs and lockable lid for portable transport and storage. Also make it more easily...
The Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill is proof that good things come in small packages. It has 4 ½ stars on Amazon with over 1000 reviews.
This small gas grill is extremely portable, with plenty of cool features and the reliability you expect from a Weber product. Weber has been in the barbecue business for years and is known for their quality.
The Q1000 has a single burner that puts out 8,500 BTUs of heat across porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates.
The push button ignition system makes it really easy to light, and an infinite control burner valve provides excellent heat control.
One of my favorite features about the Weber Q1000 is the ability to add a cast iron griddle top (sold separately). This neat feature gives you the option to cook just about any type of food, including pancakes, scrambled eggs, fajitas, and more.
With the quality of a Weber product, the solid features, and low price point make the Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill one of the best propane gas grill under $200 models available.
- One stainless steel burner produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled out of box. Dimensions - lid closed (inches): 14.5H x 27W x 16.5D inches
If you have an RV or a trailer, you know that space is at a premium. You need a portable RV gas grill that is also compatible with high and low pressure lines.
The Martin Portable Propane BBQ Gas Grill has the features you need with a very cheap price tag at around $120.
This grill gets hot FAST thanks to its small size and a 14,000 BTU adjustable burner, saving you fuel and time.
It includes something called a piezo ignition system, which is essentially a way to light the gas without using electricity. It’s perfect for a small portable propane grill like this.
- U-SHAPE BURNER - 14000 BTU Even cooking the porcelain cooking grid and closing stainless steel lid mean your food gets cooked...
- FOLDING SUPPORT LEGS - Quick deployment you can have this grill out of the garage and fired up in less than one minute
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE - If you like to cook different types of meats when you host a Barbeque; sear in the juices of every...
If you’re a big fan of burgers and camping, the Royal Gourmet Regal 2-Burner Propane Griddle is a great choice for you.
It’s got a spacious 486 square inches of cooking surface, giving you enough area to cook 16 or so burgers at a time, or 10 perfectly seared steaks.
The grease management system has an included large grease cup for hours of cooking without having to empty drain the runoff. It’s easy to clean, requiring only a wipe down which also seasons the cooking surface.
If you want to take your camping barbecue game to the next level with a flat top griddle, the Royal Gourmet Regal 2-Burner Propane Griddle is an excellent choice.
- SPACIOUS COOKING SURFACE: 22.4" L x 21.7" W, 486 square inches cooking area in total. Enhanced glossy ceramic-coated griddle...
- POWERFUL HEATING SYSTEM: 2 independently controlled stainless steel tube burners with 13,000 BTUs each, 26,000 BTUs cooking...
- QUICK START-UP: Electronic ignition system offers a reliable spark at every simple push.
If you need something very inexpensive and portable, the Coleman Fold N Go Propane Grill is an excellent choice. It folds up into a neat little bundle and fits nicely into an included carrying bag.
It’s perfect for a quick meal on the go, whether you’re camping, tailgating, boating, or RVing. It has 105 square inches of grill surface, which is on the smaller side, but perfect for 1-2 people.
The non-stick grill surface is designed to prevent any grease from dripping onto the burner and holds any grease or other liquid droppings in the bottom pan.
The low price and solid features of the Coleman Fold N Go make it one of the best cheap gas grill models available on this list.
- Portable folding grill with built-in handle for easy transport and storage
- Delivers 6,000 BTUs of heat across 105 sq. in. of grilling surface
- Adjustable horseshoe burner for precise temperature control and even heating
The Char-Broil Gas Grill 200 is an incredible little powerhouse with a seriously cheap price.
It has 200 square inches of cooking area powered by a 10,000 BTU single propane burner. It runs on a small 1 pound propane tank (sold separately), which gives you about 5 hours of cooking time.
What I like best about this cheap propane grill (besides the price), is how easy it is to transport. It has a convenient carrying handle, and at only 21 pounds, it can go with you anywhere.
- 200 square inch total cooking area
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Durable stainless steel wire grates
You can’t go wrong with any of these best inexpensive gas grills under $200. With all of the various options and specifications available, there’s bound to be a model that’s right for you.
If you had to choose one model, the Char-Broil Classic 280 is probably the best propane grill under 200 dollars available.
It provides the best value with a large cooking surface, quick heating, and plenty of portability. Whichever model you choose, do your homework and make a decision based on what features are most important to you.
How to Tell When a Steak is Done
Every backyard barbecue fan loves to grill steak, its probably the most frequently grilled item. Learn how to tell when a steak is done with this guide.
Budweiser Barbecue Sauces
The Budweiser barbecue sauces are available online, in major grocery stores in addition to restaurants nationwide. Here’s the flavors they’ve created.
Smokenator 1000: Convert your Weber Kettle into a Smoker
The Smokenator 1000 turns your 22″ Weber Kettle into a extra large water smoker. It mounts inside the grill and provides the indirect heat for smoking.
10 Best Smoker Grill Combo Reviews for 2020
A smoker grill combo can take your outdoor grilling to the next level. We have compiled a list of the best smoker grill combos for 2020.
What is The Big Green Egg?
The Japanese have been cooking outside using ceramic pots called kamados for centuries. These early cooking vessels brought us The Big Green Egg.
10 Best Tabletop Grills for 2020
Cook food right at your table with guests with a tabletop grill. Find out which are our top picks for best tabletop grills in this roundup.