Meat grinders have become very popular with barbecue grillers who want higher-quality ingredients and meat blends that they just can’t find in a grocery store.
A meat grinder puts you in control of the quality of your meat blends, the coarseness of the grind, and the spice mix. The delicious results speak for themselves.
Not all meat grinders are the same, however, and there are many models and types to choose from.
This guide will help you find and choose the best meat grinders on the market for you.
The Best Meat Grinders for 2021
Below is a list of the 5 best meat grinder options currently available in the U.S., Canada. Click on the name to read reviews and check prices or skip ahead to read the entire list of 10 reviews by clicking here.
Best Meat Grinder Reviews
Here are the complete reviews of the ten best meat grinders in 2021. Keep reading after the reviews for a guide on what to look for when choosing a meat grinder.
The STX Turboforce 3000 Heavy Duty Meat Grinder gives you 3,000 watts of grinding power, making it one of the most robust and well-built home meat grinders on the market.
This meat grinder is loaded with features, including an on/off foot pedal for hands-free operation, shredding claws, and a burger-slider press.
It comes with a 9.75” X 7.25” hopper that holds three pounds of meat. And it’s efficient enough to grind 360 pounds of meat per hour.
Extras include top-to-bottom metal construction, three stainless steel cutting blades, sausage grinder plates, and three sausage stuffing tubes.
To date, STX has sold more than 300,000 of its STX Turboforce 3000 Heavy Duty Meat Grinder – and that’s not surprising. It’s durable, efficient, intuitive to use, and loaded with extras.
- PRODUCT FEATURES: The Turboforce 3000 Classic Series is a Powerful Heavy Duty “Home Use” Grinder with a Locked Motor...
- WHAT'S INCLUDED?: This Turboforce 3000 Series Classic Includes: 1 - Size #12 Polished Aluminum (Food Grade) Grinding Head...
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: This grinder comes with a High Capacity, High Volume Meat Hopper that holds over 3 Lbs. of meat. The...
LEM Products Stainless Steel Big Bite Electric Meat Grinder is another efficient, well-built electric meat grinder and sausage stuffer.
This meat grinder features a stainless-steel motor housing, metal gears, and roller bearings, and a permanently lubricated motor that is quiet and maintenance-free.
Extras include an ample 16.5” X 2” meat tray and a robust one-HP engine capable of grinding a hefty 13 pounds of meat per minute.
This meat grinder comes with a bundle of extras, including three sausage stuffing tubes, a meat stomper, and a generous five-year warranty.
If you’re looking for a durable, well-engineered electric meat grinder, check out LEM Products Stainless Steel Big Bite Electric Meat Grinder.
- Your purchase includes One LEM Stainless Steel Electric Meat 22Grinder | First pass grinding plate, dual blade knife, second...
- Grinder meat pan – 16-1/2” x 12-1/8” x 3” Deep | Power – 1 HP | Power consumption – 755 Watts | Voltage – 120V...
- Added Tray in Body for Knife & Plate Storage; Extended Auger Pulls More Meat in less Time
The Sunmile SM-G50 ETL Electric Meat Grinder with Metal Gears is an affordable 350-watt meat grinder that processes up to 200 pounds of meat every hour.
This meat grinder has a plastic exterior body. However, nearly everything else (including the blades, gearbox, grinder head, and feeder) is made of tough and easy-to-clean die-cast aluminum and stainless steel.
The Sunmile electric meat grinder includes three stainless steel plates, enabling you to produce coarse, medium, and finely ground meat.
This meat grinder also comes with a large sausage-making tube, giving you added flexibility.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly electric grinder that is powerful and well made yet small enough for tight spaces with limited storage and counter space, check out the Sunmile SM-G50 ETL Electric Meat Grinder with Metal Gears.
- High Power and Strong Motor: Features 350W rated power and 1000W max locked power. Grind up to 200 pounds per hour, powerful...
- Large Size 12 Meat Grinder: Not a smaller Size 8 or Size 5 like most kitchen grinders, this one is has #12 Big capacity tray...
- Fully Functional to Prepare Food : Meat grinder comes with 3 various stainless steel cutting plates for coarse, medium, fine...
The Happybuy Electric Commercial Meat Grinder is a mid-priced electric meat grinder and sausage stuffer that earns extra points for its stainless steel construction and 1,100-watt power rating.
This electric meat grinder processes up to 550 lbs. of meat per hour. That’s perfectly capable for commercial and home use.
It also cleans easily, thanks to its detachable design.
You can feel the quality of the Happybuy Electric Commercial Meat Grinder in its weight. At 52 pounds, it is a true “handful,” but what can you expect from a meat grinder that’s made of top-to-bottom stainless steel?
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】- Made of food-grade stainless steel, wear-resistant, and rust-proof, including the outer casing, top...
- 【POWERFUL PERFORMANCE】- Featuring 1100W power motor, the meat grinders can reach a speed of 193r/min and grind...
- 【EASY TO USE】- Simple to operate this electric meat grinder with just one button. The feeder tube is 54 mm/2.1inch in...
The Huanyu Stainless Steel Manual Meat Grinder is one of my favorite manual stainless steel meat grinders.
To start, this manual grinder plain looks good. Plus, it is made almost entirely of stainless steel and sits on a solid base with a suction cup, so you can grind meat on any flat surface.
If you’re skeptical about grinding meat by hand, this manual meat grinder may change your mind.
Because you are grinding by hand, it’s dead quiet. No ear-shattering noise or trips to the circuit breaker because you’ve popped a fuse.
The cutting blades are razor-sharp out of the box, and because every component is mirror polished, the grinding process is smoother and resists sticking.
This unit also doubles as a sausage stuffer.
Thanks to its durable construction and low price tag, the Huanyu Stainless Steel Manual Meat Grinder may be the best manual meat grinder on the market.
- [HEAVY DUTY STAINLESS STEEL] This is a sturdy, durable meat grinder. The body and all metal parts are made of stainless steel...
- [DOUBLE FIXATION] The bottom strong suction cup + Stainless steel table clamp, double fixation to prevent the machine from...
- [MINCING&SAUSAGE MAKING] It can easily grind various meat ingredients such as beef, pork, fish, chicken racks, etc., it can...
The STX Turboforce II Electric Meat Grinder is another rugged and versatile stainless steel unit.
This electric meat grinder features 2,000 watts of power with three grinding speeds. The blades even operate in reverse, which prevents clogs when you grind meat.
This unit has three stainless steel blades, five grinding plates, a sausage stuffing plate, three stuffing tubes, a Kubbe attachment, and plenty more.
I also like having an electric foot pedal, which lets you turn the meat grinder on and off. This is especially handy when stuffing sausage through the grinding plates.
Thanks to its stainless steel construction, powerful motor, and extra attachment features, the STX Turboforce II Electric Meat Grinder is one of the best electric meat grinders on the market.
- Features 2000 Watts of Peak Output Power with 3 Speeds (High, Low, Reverse) & Safety Circuit Breaker. This Grinder can Also...
- Introducing the Optional Foot Pedal Control - Just Plug The Grinder into the Foot Pedal Control Unit
- The Patented “Quad Air Cooling” System of the Grinder will Virtually Double the Life of this Product
The Tangkula Commercial Meat Grinder machine stands out for its solid stainless steel construction, quick grinding output, and easy-to-clean design.
This electric meat grinder comes with 1,100 watts of power – that’s enough muscle to process 551.5 pounds of meat per hour.
The Tangkula Commercial Meat Grinder comes with two heavy-duty stainless steel blades and two stainless steel plates, allowing you to adjust your cuts’ coarseness.
A bonus is that this electric meat grinder moonlights as a sausage maker and comes with many sausage attachments.
Cleanup is also a breeze. This unit is made almost entirely out of stainless steel, so it wipes down easily. Many stainless steel components (including the large meat pan) detach and are dishwasher safe.
- 【Lubricated Appearance & Selected Material】Constructed with precision engineered strong steel, its sturdy body can...
- 【Powerful and Fast Grinding】The steel gear-driven mechanism design and 1100W rated power make the grinding capacity more...
- 【Wide Application & Various Choices】It can be applied in various situations, kitchen, restaurant, company use, etc.,...
The Chef’s Choice Meat Grinder is another standout electric meat grinder, thanks to its affordable price tag, sturdy construction, and small footprint.
This electric meat grinder is 9 ¾” X 7”, making it ideal if you have limited kitchen space.
Despite its size, this electric meat grinder packs a punch, delivering 400 watts of power – that’s enough to process 3.5 pounds of meat per minute. That’s plenty of power for small-scale production and home use.
The Chef’s Choice Meat Grinder also doubles as a sausage stuffer. Not bad. Not bad at all, especially for the price.
- POWER - Advanced, high torque gear drive system for high output even with the toughest meats. Powerful motor, 350-400 watts...
- DESIGN - Rugged, cast metal construction, professional quality grinder.
- OPTIONS - The generous die-cast metal hopper provides maximum capacity and its three-way control switch lets users choose...
The Panasonic Electric Heavy Duty Meat Grinder is one of the most affordable and compact electric meat grinder sausage combos on the market.
This meat grinder measures only 6” X 9”, making it ideal for small spaces.
This 180-watt meat grinder will process up to 2.2 pounds of meat per minute, sufficient for small-scale production.
Extras include three grinding plates, which allow you to adjust the coarseness of your meat. Plus, it comes with two sausage attachments, an additional cutting blade, and a recipe book.
If you have limited space and a tight budget, the Panasonic Electric Heavy Duty Meat Grinder is a worthy entry-level electric meat grinder sausage combo.
- HEAVY DUTY ELECTRIC MEAT GRINDER FOR FRESH HOMEMADE MEALS: Make memorable family dinners with a food grinder that’s...
- A FOOD GRINDER WITH SO MANY USES: Grind pork, beef, venison, and more for mouth-watering meatballs, sausages, burgers, chili,...
- PRECISION JAPANESE TECHNOLOGY: Highest-quality food grinder attachments (metal hooper, auger, and stainless-steel cutting...
The Weston Pro Series #22 Electric Meat Grinder comes with 1,120 watts of power, which gives you the ability to grind 14 pounds of meat per minute.
Standout features include a built-in knife sharpener (that’s right, this grinder sharpens itself) and a motor that runs forward and reverse. Thanks to that, this unit won’t bog down or clog.
Despite its rugged design, the Weston Pro Series #22 Electric Meat Grinder is one of the quietest units on the market. It also comes with a sausage-making kit.
Extra tools include two stainless steel grinding plates for fine and coarse grinding, a sausage stuffer kit, and four unique sausage funnels. It also has a stainless steel grinder head.
- POWERFUL 1.5 HP MOTOR TO CONTINUOUSLY GRIND LARGE VOLUMES OF MEAT: The 1.5 hp, 1120 watt motor on the meat grinder is air...
- FAST GRINDING. The electric meat grinder is designed for speed with a rifled-head design and tapered throat that eliminates...
- DURABLE & QUIET: The Weston Meat Grinder is engineered for quiet performance and rugged durability, while processing hundreds...
Why should I grind my own meat?
Grinding your own meat ensures that your meat is fresh and has the perfect fat ratio. It’s nice not to have to settle for the limited grocery store blends.
When you process your own ground meat, you choose the cuts of meat and how coarsely it is ground. Plus, you can add fresh herbs and spices to the blend in real-time. So meat is always evenly seasoned and ground the way you like it.
You’ll also save money by grinding your own meat. Prepackaged ground meat is frequently overpriced and not very fresh. It may come as a surprise, but a lot of prepackaged meat isn’t even ground at your local stop.
What can you do with a meat grinder?
A meat grinder allows you to process any kind of meat you want, choose the coarseness of the blend, and add spices as you process.
Meat grinders are versatile machines that allow you to make anything from sausage, cookie dough, pet food, and even tasty vegetable dishes. In fact, many chefs prefer grinders over mixers and food processors.
What to look for in a meat grinder
There are several factors to consider when shopping for a meat grinder. Most important are the power source, price, manufacturing material, and versatility. You should also consider the features below.
Before you purchase a meat grinder, assess the amount of free space you have in the kitchen.
Manual meat grinders are typically small enough to store in a kitchen drawer, ideal for tight spaces with limited cabinet and counter space. Electric grinders have a larger footprint, but most of them break down for quick and easy storage.
Accessories and additions
Meat grinders that accommodate accessories give you greater flexibility and room to experiment. Here are some of the most common meat grinder accessories.
- Sausage Stuffer – If making homemade sausage seems intimidating and messy, try using a sausage stuffer. These handy machines are cheap and intuitive to use. You’ll enjoy experimenting with different meat and spice blends.
- Grinder Cleaning Kit – One of the best ways to keep your grinder looking new and functioning at its best is by picking up a cleaning kit. These come with an assortment of brushes and scrubbers that will help you reach those tight nooks and crannies.
- Food Saver Vacuum Sealer – Want to freeze some of that freshly ground beef and sausage you just made? A vacuum sealer keeps food fresh, allows you to prepare meals ahead of time, and maximizes freezer space.
- Meat Stomper – A meat stomper is essentially a flat-tipped meat pusher that helps you
stuff meat into the grinder tube. Keep your hands safe and far away from sharp cutting blades by always using a meat stomper.
Metal vs. plastic
Meat grinders are typically made of plastic or stainless steel. Plastic grinders are cheaper, but they’re less durable. So they may be best suited for casual cooks on a budget.
Stainless steel grinders are more expensive, but they are easier to sanitize and more durable. So they are best suited for more intensive grinding and more frequent use.
Electric or manual?
Choosing between an electric or manual meat grinder really comes down to whether you want to save money and space or time and energy.
Electric meat grinders use electricity to process meat, so they work quickly and require minimal effort to operate.
All you need to do is turn on the electric meat grinder and use your meat stomper to feed meat into the grinder tube. The machine does the rest for you.
Manual grinders are small, hand-operated units. They work exactly like an electric meat grinder, but are smaller, cheaper, and do not rely on electricity.
If you are on a budget, don’t need to process a lot of meat, or have limited kitchen space, you may benefit from a manual meat grinder.
If you like preparing a variety of foods, you may benefit from a grinder that is accessory-ready.
Some models only come with a single grinding plate, which limits your ability to adjust the coarseness of your grind.
Others accommodate various attachments, allowing you to make sausage, pasta, and ethnic dishes like kibbeh.
The manufacturing materials most impact the durability of your meat grinder. Some grinders are mostly made of plastic. Others feature metal interiors with a plastic exterior. Others are made entirely out of stainless steel.
Stainless steel is obviously the most durable construction material, so if your budget allows it, I recommend stainless steel.
Consider maintenance and cleaning
Kitchen cleanliness is especially important when working with raw meat. Before you purchase a meat grinding machine, find out if the stainless steel cutting blades, grinding plates, and accessory attachments are removable and dishwasher safe.
If they aren’t, you’ll have to be far more diligent during cleanup.
What is the best meat grinder to buy?
So what is the best meat grinder on the market? If I had to choose only one standout meat grinder, it’d be the STX Turboforce 3000 Heavy Duty Meat Grinder.
This meat grinder gives you 3,000 watts of grinding power. Plus, it’s packed with features, including an on/off foot pedal for hands-free operation, shredding claws, and a burger-slider press.
This STX grinder includes a 9.75” X 7.25” high volume meat hopper that holds three pounds of meat. And it’s efficient enough to grind 360 pounds of meat per hour.
Extras include top-to-bottom metal construction, three stainless steel grinding plates, a sausage plate, and three sausage stuffing tubes.
Related content you might like:
- 5 Best Outdoor Grill Prep Tables for 2021
- 10 Best Outdoor Portable Bar Carts for 2021
- 15 Best Outdoor Patio Coolers for 2021
- 10 Best Outdoor Patio Heaters for 2021
- 5 Best BBQ Grill Prep Trays for 2021
The 9 Best BBQ Grill Gazebos for 2021
A BBQ grill gazebo helps transform any outdoor grilling area into a more comfortable space. Find the best grill gazebos in this review.
15 Best 2-Burner Gas Grills for 2021
A two burner gas grill can provide all the barbecue features you need in a smaller space. Find the best 2-burner gas grills available in 2021 here.
11 Best 3-Burner Gas Grills for 2021
A 3-burner gas grill is the ideal size for portability, price, and features. Learn about the best 3-burner grills available in this review.
11 Best Pontoon Boat Grills for 2021
To enjoy your pontoon boat the most, you need a good grill. Here is our list of the best pontoon boat grills available in 2021.
10 Best Wireless Meat Thermometers for 2021
The best wireless meat thermometers are great for BBQ, smoking, and grilling. We researched the top-rated thermometers on the market today.
10 Best Outdoor Portable Bar Carts for 2021
A portable bar cart makes outdoor time more enjoyable for you and your guests. Find the best outdoor portable bar carts in this review.