Atomic buffalo turds are basically a little appetizer composed of a small piece of sausage and cream cheese stuffed into a jalapeno and wrapped in bacon. I mean what more can you want out of an appetizer.
I’ve seen several variations of this, uh, creatively named dish, but the one over at the Beer and Barbecue blog is one’s my favorite.
Atomic Buffalo Turds
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- 10 bacon slices , cut in half
- 10 Little Smokey Sausages
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Starting with your jalapenos, split them and remove the seeds.
- Spread cream cheese inside the pepper.
- Add the atomic-power element of this recipe by mixing in a little cayenne pepper to the cream cheese.
- Plop in a Little Smokey, wrap in bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Slap them on the grill or the barbecue, shut the lid and cook over indirect heat until the bacon is done, about 20 or 30 minutes.
Related content you might like:
- 10 Best Gas and Charcoal Grill Combos for 2022
- 10 Best BBQ Grill Mats for 2022
- 10 Best Flat Top Grills for 2022
- 10 Best Gas Grills Under $200 in 2022
- 15 Best Portable Charcoal Grills for 2022