Meat shredder claws offer a solution to one of the messiest, most time-consuming grilling tasks: shredding meat.
Shredding hot meat by hand is dangerous and messy. Forks and prongs aren’t very helpful either because they bend and slip. Plus, the tips are not wide enough to shred quickly.
Meat shredder claws are designed specifically for pulling meat apart, but they’re just as useful for mixing salads and lifting scorching hot meat from the grates.
Meat claws come in many styles and price points, so read on to find the best unit for your budget and needs.
The Best Meat Shredder Claws for 2021
Below is a list of the top 5 best meat claw options currently available in the U.S., Canada, and U.K. Click on the name to read reviews and check prices or skip ahead to read the entire list of 15 reviews by clicking here.
Best Meat Shredder Claw Reviews
Here are the complete reviews of the 15 best meat claws in 2021. Keep reading after the reviews for a guide on what to look for when choosing a meat claw.
Cave Tools Meat Claws land at the top of the list for their low cost and high quality.
These Cave Tools meat shredding claws are made of stainless steel. The tips are sharp and well-spaced, which allows you to work quickly, without food getting stuck between narrow teeth.
The textured handles provide a good grip with ample knuckle space, so even if you have large hands, you’ll find them comfortable.
A bonus is that these Cave Tools Meat Claws are backed by a lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
- INSTANT 10% SAVINGS ON PURCHASE OF 2 OR MORE *** THE PREMIER MEAT SHREDDING CLAWS - Every feature has been designed for...
- TEXTURED NON SLIP HANDLES WITH EXTENDED KNUCKLE SPACE - Shredding, Handling, & Carving food is now easier than ever before...
- PERFECT SLOW COOKER KITCHEN ACCESSORIES - There are seriously so many uses for these stainless steel meat claws that you'll...
That’s no surprise because these American-made bear claws are tough, comfortable in hand, and made to last a lifetime.
These meat shredder claws are made from melt-proof BPA-free nylon, so they are dishwasher safe and can withstand up to 475 degrees Fahrenheit of heat.
- TIME SAVER - Bear Paws are the answer to perfectly shredded meat without the mess and headache of knives and forks. Easily...
- MELTPROOF and DISHWASHER SAFE - Made of BPA-free nylon and heat-resistant up to 475 degrees. Never worry about your shredding...
- EASY & FUN TO USE - Lift, handle, shred, pull, and carve to your hearts content. Excellent as turkey lifters, too! Our unique...
The Easylife Stainless Steel Bear Claws are some of the toughest meat shredding claws on the market.
These meat shredding claws are made of 18 8 stainless steel, and the teeth are longer and thicker than most on the market.
The riveted wood handle is also a nice touch. These meat claws feel comfortable in hand, stay cool, and wear well with time and abuse.
If you’re looking for a premium, yet affordable, set of stainless steel meat claws, check out the Easylife Stainless Steel Bear Claws.
- ★PREMIUM HIGH QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL BEAR CLAW: Compare with some plastic or Nylon claws which may melted or bent and...
- ★HAND-CRAFTED THICK WOODEN HANDLES: Pulled pork claws with durable wooden handle and not hollowed out in makes them easier...
- ★SHREDDED in NO TIME: Not too far apart wolf claws with SOLID PRISMATIC TINES can shred meat easily in seconds , more...
The Culinary Couture Meat Claws for Pulled Pork Shredding are some of the most affordable meat claws on the market, but don’t let that fool you. These are quality tools.
These meat shredding claws are made from BPA-free nylon, so they are dishwasher safe and will withstand up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit of heat.
The Culinary Couture Meat Claws for Pulled Pork Shredding are comfortable, sharp, and extremely affordable.
- Perfect Gift Idea: Are you looking for a great gift for your dad, husband, boyfriend, uncle, ex-husband, groomsmen or any...
- Highest Quality - Pulled Pork Shredder: Quickly tear through beef, chicken, roasts, turkey, poultry, hams, pulled pork and...
- Efficient & Quick: Easily handles anything from your BBQ grill, smoker, or slow cooker. Cut, chop, slice, flip pork, turkey,...
It’s not just the signature red color that makes Grillaholics Wolverine Meat Claws stand out from the pack.
It’s also the ultra-low price tag and the quality BPA-free construction. The tips of these meat claws are sharp and well-spaced, so food won’t stick. And when you’re done shredding, you can toss these tools in the dishwasher.
The teeth of the Grillaholics Wolverine Meat Claws are short, so not ideal for lifting heavy cuts or meat or mixing salads. However, short tips do allow you to work closely when shredding meat and that is often an advantage.
- Shred Like Wolverine - Go Pro or Go Home: The name says it all: Grillaholics. We're addicted to this stuff! We’re not just...
- The Jack of All Trades - Power Shred Any Hunk Fast: Drop those dainty little time consuming forks and pick up real warriors...
- Supreme Clean- Dishwasher Safe: Doesn’t your meat deserve your best attention? Don’t waste time picking bits from your...
Grillheads Grilling Meat Claws earn high marks for their heavy-duty stainless steel construction, ergonomic design, and versatility.
The tips are sharp, well-spaced, and despite being made of stainless steel have a slight give to them. This gives you increased control and makes shredding, lifting, even mixing salads a breeze.
If you’re looking for a tough set of bear paws that feel comfortable in hand, are dishwasher safe, and are backed by a one-year money-back guarantee, check out Grillheads Grilling Meat Claws.
- HEAVY DUTY STAINLESS STEEL MEAT CLAWS: Our metal meat shredders make carving meat fun and are made from high quality...
- COMFORTABLE SOFT-TOUCH GRIP HANDLES: Comfortable and easy on the hands, each meat shredder has ergonomically designed grips...
- SHRED COOKED MEAT FAST: Our meat paws feature a tough yet lightweight design that stays cool to the touch, which makes them...
The long-tipped meat claws are made from 18 8 stainless steel, so they are tough and dishwasher safe. The plastic handle is heat-resistant, feels comfortable in hand, and has ample knuckle space.
The gloves are made of heat-resistant silicone, so they are also dishwasher safe. You’ll like the added freedom and flexibility these give you while pulling pork and lifting piping hot cuts of chicken from the grates.
If you’re looking for a nice gift set, the AMZ BBQ CLUB BBQ Gloves and Meat Claw is certainly a go-to.
- SAVE TIME – Use your BBQ Claw shredder to shred, pull or carve any kind of meat. No need to bring it back to the kitchen...
- TONS OF FUN – You’ll feel like a beast tearing up your catch as you grill and serve the main course. Everyone will want...
- SAFE AND CONVENIENT – Use your silicone BBQ gloves to keep your hands safe while you’re shredding dinner or anytime...
KITCHENDAO Pork Shredder Claws are just as handy for pulling pork as they are for mixing salads and lifting large birds and turkey off a piping hot grill.
KITCHENDAO Pork Shredder Claws stand out for their BPA-free construction, heat-resistant design, and a solid glass fiber reinforced nylon handle.
A solid handle means that there aren’t any indentations or pockets for food to hide in. What’s more, these claws are dishwasher safe and come with a lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
- ✔ The BEST Meat Shredder Claws on the market: shredding 10 pounds of meat in 20 to 25 minutes
- ✔ HEAVY-DUTY&SUPER SHARP:The solid handle and claws make it at least twice stronger as the other models on the market. Made...
- ✔ EASY TO CLEAN(Dishwasher Safe) & COMFORTABLE GRIP: Solid claws hide no dust or leftover meat. And compared with the...
AIYUE Stainless Steel Meat Shredding Claws are a fantastic pair of long-handled meat claws.
These meat claws come with an 8.5” riveted wood handle, so they give you extra reach and leverage when pulling scorching meat from the grates. A bonus is that these meat claws are handsome enough to use as serving utensils.
The stainless steel teeth are sharp and have a 4” splay, making the AIYUE Stainless Steel Meat Shredding Claws one of the toughest multipurpose barbecue claws on the market.
- 🔥 KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAN WITH GOOD GRIPS --- Our Meat Shredders have sturdy wooden lengthy handles that provide a much...
- 🔥 CUT YOUR SHREDDING TIME IN HALF --- The five-pronged blades are made of 420 stainless steel for added durability. They...
- 🔥 MULTIPURPOSE MEAT SHREDDER --- Meat Shredding Claws are designed to function as extensions of your arms, letting you...
The OKMIMI Pulled Pork Claws earn high marks for their six extra-long tips and comfortable handle with ample knuckle space.
These meat claws are made of BPA-free resin, so they are food-safe, provide heat resistance, and are dishwasher safe.
The OKMIMI Pulled Pork Claws are one of the most affordable meat shredders on the market, yet they shred meat just as well as other claws that cost twice as much.
- BARBECUE/GRILL LOVERS ESSENTIAL PAWS TOOLS：simple structure meat shredder claws, convenient use, efficiently complete the...
- SOPHISTICATED DESIGN BEAR PAW: Bionic design,perfect combination of bear claw and ergonomics, super sharp claws will pulled...
- BPA-FREE,DISHWASHER SAFE & EASY TO CLEAN: made of food-grade resin material, non-toxic, withstands high heat (heat resistant...
The Arres Pulled Pork Claws & Meat Shredder come with two sets of meat claws and cost less than most single sets of meat claws on the market.
These meat shredding claws have six widely spaced talons perfect for shredding pulled pork, chicken, and lifting heavy turkey.
This set of meat shredding claws is made of durable BPA-free plastic that is dishwasher safe and can withstand up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit of heat.
If you like two-for-one deals but don’t want to compromise on quality, check out the Arres Pulled Pork Claws & Meat Shredder.
- THE REAL DEAL: Accept no substitutes and choose the best 2-PACK pulled pork shredder claws on the market. Made of heavy duty...
- COOK LIKE A MasterChef: These bear claws food shredders pack of 2 are just what you need when cooking pulled pork, brisket,...
- SURPRISE YOUR FRIENDS WITH GREAT GIFTS: For constantly barbecue lovers, the grill-a-holics in your life and for people that...
Want to shred pork butt, effortlessly pull an entire turkey from the grates, and tear apart chicken in half the time? Check out the Premiala Stainless Steel 3-in-1 Meat Shredder Claws.
There’s a lot to love about these BBQ meat claws. First, the long, widely-spaced teeth are made from stainless steel, so they’re tough and won’t bend or rust.
Second, they come with a soft, ergonomic rubber handle that is heat resistant and feels great in hand.
Lastly, the Premiala Stainless Steel 3-in-1 Meat Shredder Claws come with a generous lifetime warranty.
- 🐻 EASILY SHRED MEAT LIKE A VICIOUS GRIZZLY BEAR! The core of our meat claws is a solid 2mm thick plate of food-safe,...
- 👌 SAVES TIME, SAVES SORE HANDS! Unlike look-alike products with hard plastic or wooden handles, Premiala’s meat claws...
- 💪MOVE HOT MEAT WITHOUT DROPPING IT! These claws are so strong, they’re also the perfect tool to confidently move a...
The MOUNTAIN GRILLERS Bear Claws Meat Shredder is one of my favorite pork shredders, but I use it just as frequently to mix salad and lift large pieces of meat from my smoker.
The MOUNTAIN GRILLERS Bear Claws Meat Shredder was recently upgraded with a new solid handle, so there aren’t any nooks and crannies for meat to hide. And when you’re done, just throw these shredders in the dishwasher.
Extras include six 4.25” talons that give you 4.5” of tearing power and an affordable price tag.
- We’re into shredding meat not burning fingers: no job is too large for these pulled pork meat shredders. Move and shred...
- No more bent forks this thanksgiving: use the right tool for the right job - stop struggling with a random fork from your...
- New solid handle - save time and get better meat: too good to be true right? Wrong! Using your hands makes the meat look torn...
The LOPE & NG Meat Handler Shredder Claws stand out for their good looks (I love the riveted cherry wood handle), 18 8 stainless steel construction, and a surprisingly low price tag.
LOPE & NG Meat Handler Shredder Claws are unique because they have a built-in bottle opener and knife edge.
At 4.7” wide, the six claw talons give plenty of leverage to rip apart pork shoulder. However, they are handsome enough to serve salads and other dishes at the dinner table.
- Product Material - This Barbecue Claw Is Made Of Stainless Steel, Not Easy To Corrode, High Temperature Resistance, Wooden...
- Convenient And Practical - Sharp Steel Claws, Easy To Fix And Shred Pork, Beef, Burdock, Turkey, Poultry, Ham, Barbecue
- Characteristics - Each Set Contains Two Claws, Facing Difficult Foods, Replacing Hands, Avoiding Direct Contact With Hot Food...
The Opaceluuk BBQ Bear Claws For Pulled Pork are the most affordable set of meat shredding claws on the market. Yet these pulled pork shredders perform like units that cost three times as much.
These meat shredding claws are made from BPA-free reinforced nylon. So they are sturdy and heat resistant, yet comfortable in hand.
If you’re looking for a ridiculously affordable set of shredder claws, check out the Opaceluuk BBQ Bear Claws For Pulled Pork.
- VERY VERY EASY to Clean:Our meat claws are made with Solid handle and Solid claws.
- The Ultimate BBQ Bear Claws for Pulled Pork,shredding pork,handling poultry,hicken,brisket,turkey,poultry,hams,roasts and...
- Durable BPA-free Material: Made from high quality durable nylon plastic BPA-free material, reinforced for tensile, flexural...
What is a meat shredder?
A meat shredder is a handheld, claw-like tool that allows you to lift, tear, and shred hot meat quickly and safely without oven mitts.
Meat shredders essentially look like a set of brass knuckles with handles and claws. One end has a wide, easy-grip handle. The other, a set of curled talons.
Unlike forks and other kitchenware, meat claws have thick, wide handles that optimize your grip and control. They won’t bend under pressure or slip off of sauce-coated meat, allowing you to tear meat apart in a fraction of the time it would take to do this by hand or with forks.
How do I use a meat shredder?
Meat shredders basically work like extensions of your arms and hands. So they are incredibly intuitive to use.
Before you begin shredding, place your food on a large flat surface, ideally a wood cutting board. Avoid using serving plates or glass cutting boards for a smoother, quieter shredding experience.
Now grab your shredder claws by the handles, sink them into the meat, and pull outward. Start with large chunks, divide, shred, and move shredded meat to the side. Continue this process until your meat is divided into thin, even shreds.
What to look for in a meat claw
Before you purchase a set of BBQ meat claws, consider the quality, construction materials, your budget, and the additional features below.
It’s important that you clean your barbecue claws thoroughly after every use so that they do not absorb odors or bacteria. Because of that, I recommend purchasing bear paws that are dishwasher safe.
The good news is that most barbecue claws are dishwasher-ready and easy to clean. Just keep in mind that stainless steel claws may dull after repeated stints in the machine.
Claws are just as useful for shredding as they are for lifting meat off the grill. The average grill easily soars to over 500 degrees Fahrenheit, so you want a bear claw set that is heat resistant.
Stainless steel bear claws typically withstand up to 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit of heat. However, nylon claws can only take up to 475 degrees Fahrenheit of heat.
If you plan on using your claws around open flame, you may benefit by using stainless steel claws.
Barbecue claws are typically made from stainless steel or food-grade, BPA-free nylon, and polycarbonate, or, less commonly, aluminum. Each material has benefits and limitations.
Stainless steel is a more durable material than nylon or polycarbonate. It also offers better heat resistance, won’t rust or warp, and is safe to clean in the dishwasher. Stainless steel claws are, however, more expensive and may scratch pots and pans.
Plastic claws are not as durable or heat resistant as stainless steel. However, they are surprisingly strong, are less likely to scratch Teflon-coated pans, and are more cost-efficient than stainless steel bear paws.
Aluminum is tougher than nylon and polycarbonate, yet cheaper and more flexible than stainless steel. Aluminum claws are ideal for budget-conscious grillers who want increased durability, a little more give and flexibility, and a long lifespan.
The best meat claws are comfortable to hold and have plenty of knuckle space. Some claws come with soft-grip handles. Others have wood or metal handles.
Claws with plastic handles may not look as sharp as those made from wood. However, units with molded grips perform better, are more heat resistant, and provide optimal grip.
“Tines” is another word for the blades or claws on your bear paw. When shopping, consider the length of the tines and how far they are spaced apart.
Short tines allow you to work closely with meat, which is ideal when handling tough cuts. Longer tines provide more reach and leverage when pulling meat from the grates or mixing salads.
The width between tines is also important. The more space between tines, the less likely it is for food to stick to your tool.
When it comes to your bear paw, size does matter! When shopping, pay attention to the width and height of the handle. Your fingers should not bunch along the base of the handle. Leave plenty of space for your knuckles, too.
Equally important is the length of your tines. If they are too short, you may burn your hands on hot grates or meat. Too long, and your claws actually become cumbersome and hard to work with.
Second, when you have more than one set of claws, you can rotate between them to extend their sharp tips and overall lifespan. When you work with two sets of claws, you also avoid cross-contamination. Use one set to lift raw meat onto the grates and the other for shredding.
Even the most affordable claws are tough enough to last for years, but over time stainless steel may dull through repeated trips through the dishwasher. Plastic is also durable, but it is not impervious to scorching heat.
For these reasons, I recommend shopping for claws that have a lifetime warranty.
Which is the best meat shredder claw to buy?
I also like the textured handles, which provide a solid grip without compromising on knuckle space. Cave Tools Meat Claws are also backed by a lifetime warranty.
The 10 Best Meat Grinders for 2021
A meat grinder gives you the ability to make unique and delicious ground meat and sausages. Find the best meat grinders available for 2021.
15 Best BBQ Grilling Aprons for 2021
A BBQ grilling apron is a great gift for a barbecue fan. With so many designs to choose from, you'll find the best BBQ aprons in this guide.
10 Best Gas and Charcoal Grill Combos for 2021
A gas and charcoal grill combo provides the flavor of charcoal with the convenience of gas. Find the best gas and charcoal combo grills here.
11 Best Smokeless Indoor Grills for 2021
A smokeless indoor grill allows you to bring your grilling indoors without the smoke. Find the best smokeless indoor grills in this review.
15 Best 2-Burner Gas Grills for 2021
A two burner gas grill can provide all the barbecue features you need in a smaller space. Find the best 2-burner gas grills available in 2021 here.
21 Best Gas Grills Under $500 for 2021
A gas grill doesn't have to be expensive. Check out the 21 Best Gas Grills under $500 that will fulfill your grilling goals without breaking the bank.