This recipe comes from David Pickerell, master distiller at Maker’s Mark. Not surprisingly, it contains Maker’s Mark bourbon, but that’s not a problem in my opinion!
The Maker’s Mark Steak Marinade Recipe
- 2 cups Maker’s Mark bourbon
- 2 juice of two limes
- 1 zest of one lime
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 large flank steak
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Place 1 Large Flank Steak in Large Ziploc bag and add enough Maker's Mark to cover when laying on it’s side (about 2 cups).
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well with your fingers.
- Marinate overnight, flipping the bag occasionally.
- Grill steak to medium rare over charcoal.
- Take remaining marinade and bring to a boil, cook well and season to taste (with more chili flakes and salt & pepper).
- You can also add a little sugar and more Maker's Mark. When you get it to how you like it, add cornstarch to thicken, simmer and constantly stir until you get the desired consistency you’d like.
Related content you might like:
- 10 Best Small Gas Grills for 2020
- 10 Best Gas Grills Under $500 for 2020
- 10 Best Gas Grills Under $1000 for 2020
How to grill a steak like a Texan
Grilling a steak is not complicated, if you know how. Learn how to grill a steak like a Texan and impress your neighbors and friends.
Beer Can Chicken Recipe
Beer can chicken is a popular method of cooking chicken in recent years in backyard barbecues. Cooking a beer-can chicken couldn't be any easier.
Tangy Espresso BBQ Sauce Recipe
This Tangy Espresso BBQ Sauce Recipe has the tang of vinegar and spicy mustard, the sweetness of brown sugar, with the complex taste of espresso.
Dr. Pepper Mop Sauce
This Dr. Pepper Mop Sauce recipe is sweet and perfect for basting ribs or brisket. Try this unique recipe and you'll understand why I like it so much.
Grilled Chicken with Blueberry BBQ Sauce Recipe
This Grilled Chicken with Blueberry BBQ sauce recipe has a unique flavor, and immediately establishes you as a serious grilling aficionado.
Pig Candy Recipe for the BBQ
How can you not want to learn more about a recipe called “Pig Candy”? No, it’s not candy for pigs, it’s candy made from pigs. Or rather bacon.