This recipe comes from David Pickerell, master distiller at Maker’s Mark. Not surprisingly, it contains Maker’s Mark bourbon, but that’s not a problem in my opinion!
The Maker’s Mark Steak Marinade Recipe
- 2 cups Maker’s Mark bourbon
- 2 juice of two limes
- 1 zest of one lime
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 large flank steak
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Place 1 Large Flank Steak in Large Ziploc bag and add enough Maker's Mark to cover when laying on it’s side (about 2 cups).
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well with your fingers.
- Marinate overnight, flipping the bag occasionally.
- Grill steak to medium rare over charcoal.
- Take remaining marinade and bring to a boil, cook well and season to taste (with more chili flakes and salt & pepper).
- You can also add a little sugar and more Maker's Mark. When you get it to how you like it, add cornstarch to thicken, simmer and constantly stir until you get the desired consistency you’d like.
Related content you might like:
- Spicy Cocoa Rub Recipe
- Hershey’s Chocolate Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- Tangy Espresso BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Budweiser Barbecue Sauces
- Santa Maria Style BBQ for the rest of us
- Grilled Chicken with Blueberry BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Dr. Pepper Mop Sauce Recipe
PAMA Liqueur Glazed Beef Skewers
PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur is more than just a delicious beverage for sipping, it’s an ideal ingredient for cooking as well.
Understanding the USDA Beef Grading System
Ever wonder what the difference is between a Prime cut and a Choice cut of meat? In this article I’ll fill you in on the USDA’s grading system.
Healthy Grilled Chicken and Veggie Quesadilla Recipe
This Grilled Chicken and Veggie Quesadilla recipe is not only healthy, but it’s delicious as well! Try it tonight, your family will love it!
Dr. Pepper Mop Sauce Recipe
This Dr. Pepper Mop Sauce recipe is sweet and perfect for basting ribs or brisket. Try this unique recipe and you'll understand why I like it so much.
Easy BBQ Meatloaf Recipe for the Grill
This BBQ Meatloaf Recipe is so easy to make, and tastes amazing! It’ll quickly become one of your family’s favorite recipes for the grill.
Grilled Persian Chicken Kabobs Recipe
These Persian Chicken Kabobs are so delicious and easy to make. Serve them today for an amazing meal your family will love!