This recipe comes from David Pickerell, master distiller at Maker’s Mark. Not surprisingly, it contains Maker’s Mark bourbon, but that’s not a problem in my opinion!
The Maker’s Mark Steak Marinade Recipe
- 2 cups Maker’s Mark bourbon
- 2 juice of two limes
- 1 zest of one lime
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 large flank steak
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Place 1 Large Flank Steak in Large Ziploc bag and add enough Maker's Mark to cover when laying on it’s side (about 2 cups).
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well with your fingers.
- Marinate overnight, flipping the bag occasionally.
- Grill steak to medium rare over charcoal.
- Take remaining marinade and bring to a boil, cook well and season to taste (with more chili flakes and salt & pepper).
- You can also add a little sugar and more Maker's Mark. When you get it to how you like it, add cornstarch to thicken, simmer and constantly stir until you get the desired consistency you’d like.
Related content you might like:
- 10 Best Small Gas Grills for 2020
- 10 Best Gas Grills Under $500 for 2020
- 10 Best Gas Grills Under $1000 for 2020
Santa Maria Style BBQ for the rest of us
Retailer “Suzie Q’s” is trying to bring a little of the Santa Maria Style BBQ to everyone with their line up of seasonings, rubs, and wood chips.
Pig Candy Recipe for the BBQ
How can you not want to learn more about a recipe called “Pig Candy”? No, it’s not candy for pigs, it’s candy made from pigs. Or rather bacon.
Hershey’s Chocolate Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Here’s an interesting concoction, Hersey's Chocolate Barbecue Sauce. It's a chocolate syrup inspired barbecue sauce to try on grilled pork or chicken.
How to grill a steak like a Texan
Grilling a steak is not complicated, if you know how. Learn how to grill a steak like a Texan and impress your neighbors and friends.
Tangy Espresso BBQ Sauce Recipe
This Tangy Espresso BBQ Sauce Recipe has the tang of vinegar and spicy mustard, the sweetness of brown sugar, with the complex taste of espresso.
Understanding the USDA Beef Grading System
Ever wonder what the difference is between a Prime cut and a Choice cut of meat? In this article I’ll fill you in on the USDA’s grading system.