These Persian Chicken Kabobs are so delicious and easy to make. Serve them with pita bread, rice, and Mast-o Khiar (Persian Yogurt with Cucumber) for an amazing meal your family will love!
There’s something about warm weather that inspires me to want to make Middle Eastern or Mediterranean dishes. I think it has to do with the thought of sunny places, beautiful landscapes, and delicious healthy flavors. I’m a food romanticist.
These Grilled Persian Chicken Kabobs (also called Joojeh Kabob) have the perfect combination of spices to give them just enough flavor without being overwhelming.
Here are the ingredients for Persian chicken kabobs:
To make these, you just need 7 basic ingredients that only take about 15 minutes to prepare. You marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, but for maximum flavor, I recommend marinating them for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
As a side dish, I used packaged rice, but they also go well with basmati rice. The recipe for Persian Yogurt with Cucumber (Mast-o Khiar) can be found here.
Grilled Persian Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a blender or food processor, puree the onion, lemon juice, paprika, oregano, and garlic. While it's blending, add in the olive oil.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large, sealable bag and pour in the marinade. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag. Turn the bag to mix the marinade around the chicken pieces. Allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes or more.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and thread onto the skewers. Space them apart enough so they're not quite touching. Discard the marinade.
- Clean the grill's cooking grates. Grill the kabobs over direct medium heat with the lid closed as much as possible, until the meat is fully cooked but not too dry, about 8 to 10 minutes, turning once.
- Serve the kabobs with pita bread, seasoned rice, and Persian Yogurt with Cucumber (Mast-o Khiar).
Easy BBQ Meatloaf Recipe for the Grill
This BBQ Meatloaf Recipe is so easy to make, and tastes amazing! It’ll quickly become one of your family’s favorite recipes for the grill.
Grilled Chicken Involtini with Prosciutto and Basil
This Grilled Chicken Involtini with Prosciutto and Basil recipe has become a new favorite in my household. It's so juicy and delicious.
Pig Candy Recipe for the BBQ
How can you not want to learn more about a recipe called “Pig Candy”? No, it’s not candy for pigs, it’s candy made from pigs. Or rather bacon.
Atomic Buffalo Turds
These Atomic Buffalo Turds have an interesting name, but they are seriously delicious and easy to make.
The Maker’s Mark Steak Marinade Recipe
This Maker's Mark Steak Recipe comes from David Pickerell, master distiller at Maker’s Mark. It contains delicious Maker’s Mark bourbon.
Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Jelly Glazed Ham
These Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Jelly Glazed Ham are a wonderful breakfast treat. Sweet, spicy, and savory all in one.